Leaking around the rim of shower head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Vado shower with a rainfall shower head.
Every so often the hard water deposits clog the holes and I descale it - till the next time. Thinking I would attempt a longer lasting remedy, I took the whole shower head completely apart and soaked everything in descaler for several hours. It all looked fine and I put it back together again.
This morning, expecting a superb shower, I was devastated to find the leaking around the rim was far worse. No scale stopping the water just pouring out from around the rim!

Where did I go wrong? Should I have put a fine line of silicone around the disc with holes in before it went back into the chrome housing?

Any helpful suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Sponsored Links
The obvious answer - check that you have put it back together correctly and that any internal seals are in place/aligned.

It would be unlikely to have silicone sealant used as a part of the manufacturing process.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back