Grotherm 1000 mixer valve disaster

Don't do it up till you have the pipe in thats what grips it and seals any water from leaking.

When you fit it on the pipe the olive must grip the pipe where you have your insert in the end of the plastic pipe the insert is there to strengthen the pipe.
The insert is about 20mm long grip it half way along it.

Watch this link it'll giive you an idea.

Bar mixer

Sponsored Links
Okay great. The guy in the video was using copper pipe so just to be sure I put the insert in and the fit the olive over the insert or i put the olive on the pipe and then fit the insert? Where about on the insert should the olive sit? where it is at its widest at the very end of the pipe or slightly further back where it become narrower inside the pipe

As i said above about half way along the insert.
The insert gives the pipe strength.
Do it hand tight then give it a nip up with the adjustable not to much as it's only plastic pipe and you'll crush the olive.

Yes we useally always fit with copper much easier. But plastic is ok.

Okay great. Cannot thank you enough. I am struglling to do the part up a little I cannot get it to thread but suspect I just need to spend some time working it out. Thank You very much

Sponsored Links
And the winner of the most patient gentleman on this site is definately Seco Services well done mate

And the winner of the most patient gentleman on this site is definately Seco Services well done mate

We got there in the end.
smiley3233.gif

I have everything in place but it is only hand tight. Just need to tighten it all up tomorrow so fingers crossed. I had to lend some tools which I will not get back until the morning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back