Leaking valve - ideal logic plus 12 heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is water regularly dripping from the valve above my boiler. I assumed it was pressure related, but not sure how to confirm this as there seems to be no pressure gauge either on the boiler or in loft by expansion tank. Any advice on what I should check greatly appreciated.
20190227_104008.jpg
20190227_104042.jpg

Sponsored Links
1. If you have an expansion tank there will be no pressure gauge on your boiler.
2. If the valve you mean is the one at the right hand upper side of your second photograph, and is the one with the open end with rings on it and a square "nut" above it is a drain off valve. Try gently tightening the square nut, which may be enough to re-seal it. If not replace the valve.

It looks like it's running down the pipe from above - what is above, in terms of plumbing fittings?

edit - or is that a solder drip?

Last edited:
Hi. Pretty sure the leak is coming from the valve, not above.
Could it be that the valve is not quite tight enough? Didn't want to adjust it in case it stopped the valve from releasing water when/If it actually needs to.

Sponsored Links
Pushfit too close to boiler.
I saw that. Plus whoever lashed it up couldn't be bothered to wire wool the paint off the pipe- bet the other pipe is similar. OP- most boilers don't allow plastic fittings within 1 metre of the actual boiler,, you might want to get the installers back (if you engaged them) or get someone to have a look and price for making the job safe (if you moved in to it). If the place is rented then get the landlord on it ASAP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back