leaking velux window

We have 5 Velux's fitted to a single storey extension that was built back in 2014, so 9 years old now. After a lot of rain this week, persistent, but not particularly heavy, we have noticed 3 of the Velux windows have developed a leak exactly where others have also had an issue. I know the roof pitch is very low so maybe this is contributing to the issue, but it would appear to be a common issue with Velux windows as they age.
So the roof pitch is beneath the windows design limits then?

Sponsored Links
I have taken out / replaced 30yr old velux skylights that are still waterproof (when fitted correctly)
and at 25 degrees and above! if you put them in at the minimum 15 degrees I would say you can get issues after 10 yrs or less if fitted by the builder who built your extension!
Velux have recently brought out a new 10 degree low pitch model for all the builders who don't bother reading the instructions.

Just discovered all my ggl104 are leaking in the corners. They are 30 years old. Glass isn't blown. Would it be best just to have them replaced at this stage and what cost approx per window, £500 ? I have 6 that need doing :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back