Leaking worcester danesmoor 20/25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having boiler trouble. The boiler was serviced last week. It had been working fine. Following the service the pressure dropped to sub 1 bar. I topped this up and it dropped again. Water was leaking out of the external pipe. I called the plumber who said it was the pressure relief valve. Thats fine I thought and have been waiting for him to come back to fix it. Last night the pipe outside froze and this morning the PRV was dripping water into the boiler. I defrosted the pipe and the leak has stopped (water dripping outside again). What worries me is something has now leaked at the back of the boiler. There is a smell of radiator water and I can see a damp wall behind the boiler. There is not much access to see more.
Any ideas for the likely problem?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
These PRV's often leak once they have been opened...sometimes opening and closing them again does the trick but a replacement (less than a tenner) is best.
When the PRV pipe was frozen, maybe the leak was from a compression coupling on the PRV itself?
Anyway, keep topping the pressure up and keep the discharge pipe thawed until help arrives!
John :)

Thanks John, hope thats all it is. I read something about a tank at the back of the boiler that is prone to leak and not cheap to fix!

Sponsored Links
I've a 12/15 Worcester Heatslave - and that indeed has its own water tank contained within the boiler. I've no idea if yours is similar!
Anyway when the PRV went on mine, the outlet pipe wasn't tightened onto the PRV itself for some reason...not the end of the world though. Fingers crossed that your fault is as easy as this one!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back