Leaky attached garage roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Have a flat roof leak in spots all over a garage flat roof which appears to be stramit

The roof covering is felt and the edging is badly cracked. There have been several repairs by previous owners looking at patterns on roof.

It's a shared roof as the garage forms the link of our link detached house I.e half the roof is ours and the other the neighbours garage roof.

He is not willing to get involved in a full roof repair so it would have to just be my side.

I am looking for a cheapish solution (just found out I've bought a house with a 30 yr old boiler on it's last legs and situated in a bedroom!, hence my outlay is already huge) if poss for approx 3m x 9m roof area can I just re-felt it.

I am not the most advanced DIY'er but am good enough with the average task, is this something worth attempting myself or getting a roofer in for. My only worry being that it looks like it may have been leaking sometime looking at staining on beams and condition of some of the stamit board (not very bad but noticeably stained too)

Thanks for any feedback

FB

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back