leaky roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i wonder if someone could help me with my leaky roof,the house is only six years old but a portion of tile has slipped and damaged the felt inside,This has caused a leak which has stained the ceiling below,i have removed the offending piece of tile by cutting the felt,i have tried to insert a piece of felt temorarily behind the existing felt, is there a way of doing a permanent repair from inside as looking from the outside the roof looks perfectly good,the offending piece of tile seems to have been rubbish left on the roof before tiling, many thanks.

Sponsored Links
If the house is only 6 years old, is it not covered by an NHBC certificate? I'd check on that first before messing around with bits of felt.

yes,you are right,it is covered by the nhbc insurance,but have you ever dealt with these people before? i sometimes wonder if this cover is worth the paper it's written on,but all the same i will get in touch with them,Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
The NHBC have a duty of care and have a major stake in all aspects of Building.

Persevere with them they are only human if they wont help threaten to get in touch with your MP to find out what their ten year guarantee is for.

It usually works.

The NHBC have a duty of care and have a major stake in all aspects of Building.

Persevere with them they are only human if they wont help threaten to get in touch with your MP to find out what their ten year guarantee is for.

It usually works.

Absolute rubbish, NHBC will not pay for a bit of felt to be repaired. :rolleyes:

Freddy I see diplomacy is not one of your strong points. Like any large organisation its how you apply the pressure. If eveyone had the same attitude as yourself all organisations would get away with "Blue Murder."

If you want anything to change YOU MUST SPEAK LOUDLY AND FIRMLY TO GET THINGS CHANGED.

Acting like a Meek Lamb, something I feel you are used too gets you nowhere.

Kindest Regards

Memor Maplin

Like any large organisation its how you apply the pressure. If eveyone had the same attitude as yourself all organisations would get away with "Blue Murder."

http://www.nhbc.co.uk/Homewarranties/Residentialhousing/Buildmarkwarranty/Answer,15517,en.html

Quote: It does not provide cover for general wear and tear, condensation, normal shrinkage, damage arising from failure to maintain the property, or minor faults which first appear after the second year.

Not too knowledgeable on what an NHBC warrenty actually covers you for are you? You'll need thicker skin for this forum.

I've got quite a thick skin thank you.

Also thank you for the knowledge that you've obtained for me.

What I find amusing is how I seem to have touched a raw nerve with you.

Do you always "go off on one?"

Are you in the Trade do you brow beat your customers if they dare challenge you?

My argument still is clear. I never let any organisation get away with anything and rolling over to have your tummy tickled is not my way.

Once again thanks for the Info on NHBC.

Kindest Regards
Memor Maplin

You've not touched a nerve at all. I'm merely pointing out the facts. Your argument is flawed; what you're suggesting is like attempting to get the windscreen on your car repaired by your insurance company when your policy doesn't have windscreen cover. Do you really think that if you badgered them enough they'd fix your screen?

You can get anyone to do anything you want if you approach it the right way.

Try not to be so judgemental. I dont tell you, you are flawed.

Nor do say "utter rubbish." at anything you say.

Try and stand up straight and try not to give in to those negative thoughts you seem to have.

Kind Regards
Memor Maplin

I'm inclined to agree with you although unfortunately you were talking absolute rubbish. I have never stated that you are flawed, merely the argument that you are consistantly putting forward. I say it how it is.

Are you saying that in the hypothetical situation I outlined in my last post you realistically believe you'd get your windscreen fixed?

what you're suggesting is like attempting to get the windscreen on your car repaired by your insurance company when your policy doesn't have windscreen cover. Do you really think that if you badgered them enough they'd fix your screen?

Maybe you'd write to your MP or Watchdog?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back