leaky roof

yes,you are right,it is covered by the nhbc insurance,but have you ever dealt with these people before? i sometimes wonder if this cover is worth the paper it's written on,but all the same i will get in touch with them,Many thanks.

I'd have been inclined to get in touch with the builder who constructed the property. (That's what I did when I had problems, and yes, I do accept that the NHBC itself is not the most helpful organisation.) However, buildings still under the original cover should have been constructed properly and I would have thought that any builder who valued his reputation would put this right. In terms of length of time, I had a bathroom installed by a reputable company whose plumber didn't tighten one of the (hidden) pipes properly. After six years, the leak had damaged some of the cabinetwork. The bathroom was not guaranteed for that long but I argued that if the pipework had been done correctly, the leak would not have occurred. The installer put it right. As memor maplin says, it's always worth asking - you never know what you'll get - but it's not necessarily an earful. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Nick.
Its only by putting pressure on Organisations with a name like NHBC that they in turn put pressure on Builders who are loath to rectify things.
My insurance Company wouldn't fix my windscreen wiper but if it was in their interest to put pressure on the Garage that installed it they would.
(freds analogy not mine)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back