Leaky Boiler Bottom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The first two pipes for my boiler is leaking. Is this water leak fixable by undoing and re-tightening the nut(?) or will my boiler be condemned? Can the rust be repaired? Any idea how much such a repair will cost? I'm based up North.

Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/qVpImk6

Let me try the image embed again:
GnflUBp.jpg

kOkcUId.jpg

ZA3kHFT.jpg

Sponsored Links
From the first picture it looks like there is water leaking above the pipes up inside and the water is leaking down the pipes. From the pattern and area of rust, it looks certain to be coming from up inside. Wouldn't be too worried about the rust - poss not as bad as it looks. Looks like you will need to get someone in though, to open up boiler and diagnose/fix.

Thanks for the replies. It's a relief to hear that the boiler won't get 'condemned'. Going to try again later and get hold of some boiler person from GasSafe. They're all on holidays at the moment!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. It's a relief to hear that the boiler won't get 'condemned'. Going to try again later and get hold of some boiler person from GasSafe. They're all on holidays at the moment!
Having it serviced annually will help.Based up North? WTF does that mean?

Having it serviced annually will help.Based up North? WTF does that mean?
I did when first moved in and noticed the rust. Both gassafe chaps (BG Homecare and an independent) didn't mentioned the rust or possibility of a leak so I assumed everything was fine. I only put two and two together when drops of water occasionally appear on countertop which I thought it might be due to others doing the dishes sloppily. As @securespark stated, North as in region North East/West.

Look at the first pic , you can clearly see it’s the ntc and low water sensor that’s leaking , wouldn’t surprise me if the diverter valve is leaking also

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back