Leaky Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes its another sectional concrete garage question.
Have recently re-sealed the vertical joints and base joint of an elderly friends garage using Everflex 115 Building Mastic. Yesterday, after a night of heavy rain he called to tell me the garage was leaking more than previously. The garage roof was replaced last year and is leak-free. Some of the cement fillet on the inside at the floor/wall joint is missing but the whole of one side is wet/damp at this joint. My thoughts are that the rain is soaking through the harled/rendered surface of the panels and is then tracking downwards and entering the garage at floor level rather than to the outside due to the new mastic. Does this sound a feasible explanation? and would painting the outside of the panels with Sandtex or similar solve this?

Sponsored Links
Post some pics please, but it could just be a heavier rainfall, and you still haven't found the leak yet.

Cheers Doggit,
it used to leak in a few areas but now it is all along that one wall. Rainfall has been much, much heavier in the past so don't think that is the issue. Might need to remove the external bottom run of mastic then re-do the internal fillet with cement and PVA. Old lad is planning to paint the garage anyway so thats why I am asking about the Sandtex. Might get some pics if it rains enough in the next few days.

Sponsored Links
If the PVA is going to be on the wet side, then you need a non water soluble pva, SBR might do better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back