Leaky joint question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our electric shower broke, so i've replace the unit with almost identical unit. The problem is that now i've installed one of the joints is still a bit wet, a droplet forms every minute - so its not a running leak or a major problem - but i want to sort it, to stop future issues or wasting water.

To give you an idea - the copper feed pipe comes out of the wall, which has the original olive and nut on it. I have now attached the new shower to the feed pipe via a female elbow joint (I believe this is the right name).

Its the joint for the feed pipe to the elbow thats a bit drippy. I was thinking of just using some FTPE tape on the thread, but would that sort it? Maybe the olive needs repositioning? The nut is as tight as it will go, by the way.

Any advice would be apprecaited.

Guy

Sponsored Links
One wrap of PTFE around the olive (overlapping the edge thet goes into the elbow) should do it.

Sponsored Links
And if this doesn't work the hacksaw off a few mm of the copper tail. If it's a new elbow, then the stop-depth of this may be marginally different to the old one and be preventing the olive from being pulled to its rightful position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back