Leaky Micra k12 rear light seal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Read fixes with silicone.
Do i take the foam rubber 'roman sandal soles' off the light fitting then go round holes with silicone and stick lights in.?
Will i get the fittings off ok if i need to change a bulb?

Sponsored Links
Aye, use silicone on both sides, but leave the foam seal in. You're not alone, they all leak!
No probs with the bulb change, the silicone seal will split ok with care.
John :)

Silicone is marvellous - I use heatproof stuff in a poultice round my van ex. manifold - pump some in every year for MOT stops it chuffing slightly. It's Gun Gum for the 21st Century(y)

Sponsored Links
Silicone is marvellous - I use heatproof stuff in a poultice round my van ex. manifold - pump some in every year for MOT stops it chuffing slightly. It's Gun Gum for the 21st Century(y)
Didn't know there was heat resistant stuff too.
I had to use it on a gromit that was too small for the hole it was in. No water ingress so far touch wood

I am going to try a different approach. Hopefully will be successful, I have ordered some Neoprene 300 x 200 x 6mm and will cut this into to gaskets that i will use to replace the Foam gasket, the reason i feel this will be a better approach is that foam will compress over time but the neoprene should make for a better seal long term and using silicone both sides of the white foam means you have to reseal each time you replace a bulb. Also i will look to silicone seal it to the car and then let the light compress it. Not sure how the 6mm will go but i am hopeful it will work and if i am right this makes for a very cheap repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back