Lean to between two houses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya, I have a side ginnel (alley for some of you) between me and next door, is a lean to a good idea? I don’t think I will be able to fix to the house next door so will have to install 3x3 wood near to their wall with some guttering, just going to be for storage and fire wood as I have a wood burning stove. Can shoes, tools etc be kept out there please? Anybody else have one of these please?

Ta

Sponsored Links
general comments
if a short distance [perhaps 2-3 ft] 2x1 or 2x2 max needed
fixing to a wall or fence or even touching needs permission before fixing or contact now in general it wont be a problem but iff you imagine any wall or fence is a car you dont own then thats the level off care you need to apply to the situation

Does your neighbour have access to the ginnel?
If they do then it means it is shared and cannot do anything in that area without the other owners permission, (or the LL's if rented even if you have sole access).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back