Lean to greenhouse leaking rain.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have constructed a 6 x 4 lean to polycarbonate against the wall (of course) but as the wall is uneven I fastened it against wooden battening. The only problem is the rain sits on the battening adjacent to the roof and seeps down through the crack. I would have thought after sealing with silicone sealant this would have stopped the water. Not the case

Ant tips on how to stop this. Obviously I will have to put something over the wood to divert the water down the sloping roof.

Sponsored Links
Silicone sealant, as with most other types will eventually fail due to excessive movement.
You need to install a lead flashing that will move with the roof but also keep it watertight.

I dare say you would have some success with flashband though this does require some diligent fitting work and is still not 100% reliable. I wouldn't personally.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back