Lean to shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our detached house had a standard shed down the side which wasn't really big enough and starting to rot.

I was hoping to build a lean to shed sitting against the house wall then up against the boundary wall (to a pavement and road, not a neighbour). I did phone the planning office but they wouldn't offer advice and just asked me to email in... Which they replied to with a link to the planning portal.

Am I right in saying I'd not be allowed to do anything without full planning if it's using th house wall and up against the boundary.. a house up the road has built a nice one similar to what I want but there boundary has a little bit of grass before the.road.

Any pointers would be great.. I may just end up building a free standing one but I want it about 4m long so would have preferred a brick one.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back