Large shed on boundary

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour has build a large flat top wooden shed across the width of his property and right across the boundary. My Garage business which has been running since 1984 has windows all around the perimeter but his shed actually covers one of them!
The gap between my concrete wall and his wood shed is less than 1cm...is this potentially dangerous? I thought there should be a 1metre gap or planning?
Maybe someone would know?
Cheers
Roger

Sponsored Links
Your neighbour is not responsible for the safety of your premises. How high is the shed?

Blup

About 7foot.
My concerns were... Can a building be built so near to my premises?
It actually covers one of my rear windows.
I now have no access to maintenance.
I was never informed the shed was to be built
Are neighbours actually allowed to fit items to my garage premises rear wall (clothes lines, basket ball hoop etc)
Btw how can I be sure flammables are not stored safely in this shed? Obviously I'm insured for anything I may have legally stored but households generally aren't.

Sponsored Links
If your building is 1cm away from the new building, assuming that they have built it on their land, why do you think that they are not allowed to build to their boundary? You obviously didn't factor maintenance into the plan when yours was built.

Technically neighbours aren't "permitted" to screw stuff to another's wall but if it is merely a hoop or washing line, it's churlish to complain.
If they built a structure off it then it's different.

Are neighbours actually allowed to fit items to my garage premises rear wall (clothes lines, basket ball hoop etc)
It is my understanding that nobody is allowed to attach anything to your property without permission and you would be entitled to remove it and charge for doing so and making good any damage. I probably wouldn't want to do that and certainly not without giving them a fair opportunity to do it themselves. My neighbours garage forms part of the boundary between us and likewise my garage forms a boundary to the other side. I would not be happy if anything is attached to my property without permission

The GardenLaw website is good for help and information

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back