LED Bathroom Light

I think You currently have 4 bare wires all bunched together in one sleeve in your rose. They will need to be seperated to go into the wago. So a few inches of sleeving needed.

Sponsored Links
I think You currently have 4 bare wires all bunched together in one sleeve in your rose. They will need to be seperated to go into the wago. So a few inches of sleeving needed.
Cheers. I'll go to my local hardware store and get some in that case.

I might be back with more questions in around a week . I was going to get on with it today but there's no rush and that hardware store is closed today. It also kind of makes sense to go to Screwfix and Toolstation on my way back from my only day of the week in the office, which is tomorrow. Next Sunday is the next day I have free really so that will probably be when I give it a go.

Sponsored Links
Thought I'd just give an update on this. All went to plan, I did the wiring in the loft though, working in the tight space between the ceiling and the platform that the cold water tank is on. I did this because the cables came through a wooden slat, not sure if that's what it's called, and that would have made it impossible to push the junction box through the ceiling without cutting a much bigger hole to push the junction box through the ceiling to the side of that. I didn't take a photo of the junction box but I did put all the connectors in the wagobox, the photo here was before I even connected the 2 core cable that I then fed through the ceiling to the light. It was tight getting all the cables/wires into the wagobox but just about managed it. I don't have a light in my loft so had a lamp on an extension lead I'm very happy with the result, looks a lot better than the standard ceiling rose that was there. Thanks very much everyone for your help. @terryplumb you were incredibly helpful and I really appreciate it.

PXL_20211031_151119703.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20211031_172017891.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20211031_164305153.MP.jpg

Terrible job. You have unenclosed connections, no strain relief and also no mechanical protection for the cables as the sheath has been removed outside of an enclosure.

Terrible job. You have unenclosed connections, no strain relief and also no mechanical protection for the cables as the sheath has been removed outside of an enclosure.
Read the OP's last post again Risteard. Pics of wiring are the work in progress,prior to fitting the connectors into a wago box.

They are enclosed in a wagobox, I stated in my post that I didn't take a photo of that. Admittedly I don't know a great deal about electrics which is why I came to this forum for some advice, what do you mean by no strain relief and no mechanical protection; I guess the last part is resolved because they are in a wagobox?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back