1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Bathroom LED Mirror!

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by SUFCDAN, 1 Dec 2020.

1. SUFCDAN

SUFCDAN

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    5072DD25-1E9D-4972-9728-C079AA93847F.jpeg 5072DD25-1E9D-4972-9728-C079AA93847F.jpeg I have swapped the old wall light for an led hands free light I was given, it’s brand new in the box.

The old light was wired into the upstairs lighting circuit and was fine (lights are Led downlights)

After fitting it and turning the power back on, the led ceiling lights upstairs won’t turn off. So I turned the power off and removed the light switch, power on and still the ceiling lights stay on! I’ve checked all continuity and there are no problems. I got an extension lead and wired it directly to the new LED mirror, it works perfect. And once the mirror is disconnected all the lights are perfect again.

Is it the driver inside this new mirror, not being able to be on a lighting circuit? As said it’s perfect when on its own circuit. ?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. bernardgreen

bernardgreen

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Where did you get the Live and Neutral supply to the new LED driver ?,

Not all Blue wires are Neutral, some are Switched Live wires.

What looks to have happened is that you have connected the new lamp to a Live wire and the Switched Live for the ceiling lights.