Led Mirror with always on Demister pad

Switches like that (New Zealsnd made) switch are used in bathrooms and elsewhere throughout Australia and New Zealand
Ahh, I didnt spot that you were in one of our colonies. I rather suspect that different rules and regulations apply there?
There's even a separate forum for you Electrics Outside of the UK

I have never seen an unprotected switch on a bathroom cabinet that is made for the UK. A pull switch or a sensor switch is common. My cabinet has a separate switch for the heat pad and this is a switch that is waterproof in nature
A bit like this (it has an integrated lamp to show it is on)
$_3.JPG

However. I really would caution against setting an inexperienced DIYer of electrically modifying a bathroom cabinet, mounted over a sink, without taking care on the advice given.

Sponsored Links
***UPDATE**
Thank you everyone for the help and suggestions I fitted the 2a 230v pull switch along with the 230v neon power indicator and everything is working as required. I now have full control over the Demister (and electric bill) all without affecting the lights or time.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back