Bathroom LED Mirror!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
5072DD25-1E9D-4972-9728-C079AA93847F.jpeg 5072DD25-1E9D-4972-9728-C079AA93847F.jpeg I have swapped the old wall light for an led hands free light I was given, it’s brand new in the box.

The old light was wired into the upstairs lighting circuit and was fine (lights are Led downlights)

After fitting it and turning the power back on, the led ceiling lights upstairs won’t turn off. So I turned the power off and removed the light switch, power on and still the ceiling lights stay on! I’ve checked all continuity and there are no problems. I got an extension lead and wired it directly to the new LED mirror, it works perfect. And once the mirror is disconnected all the lights are perfect again.

Is it the driver inside this new mirror, not being able to be on a lighting circuit? As said it’s perfect when on its own circuit. ?

Sponsored Links
Where did you get the Live and Neutral supply to the new LED driver ?,

Not all Blue wires are Neutral, some are Switched Live wires.

What looks to have happened is that you have connected the new lamp to a Live wire and the Switched Live for the ceiling lights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back