LED bulbs on a dimmer switch

Sponsored Links
Even in my (now ridiculously big for us) very large house, we have a 'kitchen-diner'
Yes we also have a dinning room, only used for storage, we dine in half of the living room, started when dinning room used as a down stairs bedroom for my wife, and we have never bothered carrying table and chairs back. However still room for two couches and three easy chairs, coffee table and TV etc.

The part of our house independent to main house has not been sold off, we want to fit a lift so it can be counted as one property for council tax, everyone but the local authority sees it as one house, but local authority see it as two, so two council tax bills, also bins doubled up. But that is only advantage.

The part of our house independent to main house has not been sold off, we want to fit a lift so it can be counted as one property for council tax, everyone but the local authority sees it as one house, but local authority see it as two, so two council tax bills, also bins doubled up. But that is only advantage.
Nothing about bureaucracy surprises me all that much, but that does seems rather odd, unless you saying that there is currently no 'indoor connection' between the two 'parts (in which case I could understand the council regarding it as 'two dwellings').

I even wonder how they are administering your two council taxes. They would presumably regard the 'second dwelling' either as 'long-term unoccupied' or as a 'second home'- either of which would (at least where I live) result in a charge considerably more than standard council tax.

If the council tried that game with my house, they might attempt to call it at least 'five' - since, when we acquired it, it had been 'converted' (shoddily, unofficially and without council knowledge or any Planning Permission!) into '5 flats'!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back