LED downlights in my Hall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so i'm fitting LED downlights in our hall, it's T-shaped, in a bungalow.

You walk in the front door and the hall is 1800mm wide and runs 4500mm front to back, at the far end it branches off into a T to the bedrooms one way and the kitchen the other. Each side of the T there is about 2500mm by 1000mm wide, if that makes any sense at all.

I've marked out on the ceiling where all the beams are, transfered it to paper and came up with locations for three different layouts using different amounts of fittings.

My only problem is i haven't the faintest idea how many fittings to use. I'd like to go for the 50w halogen equivalents but i've heard they're not as bright.

Any ideas chaps?

Sponsored Links
It can cost a lot going LED, but saves electricity. JCC LED7 LED fittings are an excellent equiv to a 50w halogen . The lamp isn't removable from the fitting, but the entire fitting has a 10 year guarantee.

That's exactly what i was gonna use. The first plan i drew up only used 8 lamps, i've a feeling this will not be bright enough. I could go with 10 or 12, but will my hall be lit up like Wembley?

On the other hand i've heard they don't give out as much light as halogen so maybe 12 is the way to go?

You'd be surprised, so long as you're buying something like the JCC.

Depends on how you want things configured and how you want the light pool to work but 10 ought to be more than enough for that size.

Sponsored Links
It's a hallway - how bright do you want/need it to be?

pj

I don't suppose it matters too much really, now you mention it. I won't be reading in there or trying to sell fruit. :LOL:

I'd say 6. 4 on the main run with the last at the top of the 'T' and one central on each leg of the 'T' top. The JCC's are brilliant, and not in the lighting sense of the word!! Of which they are also!

Plan B would be to use lights which are designed to illuminate rooms and internal spaces, not ones which are designed to not do that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back