LED flood lights not powering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Yesterday I noticed that my front and back LED flood lights were not working properly. They both have the panel LED lit, but nothing bright or how they should be.
Very dull and on constantly. All other lights on the 5 Amp circuit are working fine.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221222_215631.png
    Screenshot_20221222_215631.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 48
Sponsored Links
Just double checked and the back LED is on but dull, until activated. This is a new issue. The front LED flood light is dull all the time.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-12-22 at 22.18.01.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-22 at 22.18.01.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 49
Sponsored Links
Hi Markyd1

Thanks for you reply. Both the front and back LED floodlights are doing the same. The front one is new about 1 year old (Zinc) and the back LED is about 5 + years old. Its strange that they have both doing the same.

Any further ideas

Cheers

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-23 at 14.32.36.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-23 at 14.32.37.jpeg

Toolstation reviews posted after up to a year suggest this is normal for this brand. Probably worth trying something different.

Yesterday I noticed that my front and back LED flood lights were not working properly. They both have the panel LED lit, but nothing bright or how they should be.
Very dull and on constantly. All other lights on the 5 Amp circuit are working fine.

Any ideas?

Have you tried a reset? Turn the power off, wait one minute, then back on.

Hi Harry

Thanks for your comment.

Yes, turned them off last night at the CU. Turned back on this afternoon, same issue.
The back one is a Wessex I believe and has lasted a lot longer than the zinc one.

Funny thing is there has been a spate of this since... Ooo let me... By strange coincidence last weekwhen there was snow and everthing froze.

Strange thing is I have 20 or so low level 12V bollard light in the garden and roughly half are 2W LED. last week (when covered with snow) several came on very dim and now they only flicker.

Toolstation reviews posted after up to a year suggest this is normal for this brand. Probably worth trying something different.
For what it's worth I know of a wharehouse lit with about 20 of the same model which run for about 10 hours a day with only one failure since well before covid, however those used as external lights have been replaced several times, couple of months ago we fitted some Stienal (spelling?) as fitted on the neighbouring property which will hopefully last more than 2 years.

EDIT: Steinel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back