LED House Number...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am looking into installing one of these...

http://ledhousenumber.co.uk

Basically a powered house number.

I would be looking for it to be a neat job i.e. no wires

How do I get power to it without seeing cables running away from it.

Is this something I could do given I have reasonable DIY skills?

Kind regards, Gordon

Sponsored Links
Locate sign where you want it, remove it and drill a hole in the middle of where it's going to be located, run the wire through the hole to inside and plug it in.

Locate sign where you want it, remove it and drill a hole in the middle of where it's going to be located, run the wire through the hole to inside and plug it in.

Hi and thanks for your advice.

I was hoping I don't need to drill all the way to the inside.

Can I drill into the cavity of the wall and somehow pick up the cable from there.

Its a 1938 brick built bungalow - no plasterboard in sight.

I can get access to the eaves and also a cellar such that I am beneath the front wall of the house.

If the cable is long enough and your accurate in where you drill the holes and the one in the cellar will have to be a fairly big hole to find the wire? Cavity not insulated ? Damp course ? Etc etc

Sponsored Links
If the cable is long enough and your accurate in where you drill the holes and the one in the cellar will have to be a fairly big hole to find the wire? Cavity not insulated ? Damp course ? Etc etc

I have been down to cellar.

I found an air brick below a window at ground level. Local to this air brick I can see the outside wall and inside wall and the cavity between.

However there is what looks like polystyrene balls between the cavity.

If they were not in the way it looks like I may be able to drill through the outside wall into the cavity and then go into cellar and pull wire down from there into cellar and hook into electrical circuit from there.

But don't want to ruin the insulation.

On the face of it doesn't seem like an amateur DIY job and may have to get the professionals in.

Back