LED lighting install

Sponsored Links
I can't see how you'd get most routers to go past the steps. So you might be able to cut about 3/4 of the slot, but you'd have gaps at each treat to finish by hand.
If you had the stairs in piece before assembly then it's a different matter.

I can't see how you'd get most routers to go past the steps. So you might be able to cut about 3/4 of the slot, but you'd have gaps at each treat to finish by hand.
If you had the stairs in piece before assembly then it's a different matter.

You run the router up the face of the base rail, so it's not going near the steps...the T shaped bit would cut a slot in the side of the base rail from above. I'm picturing a router running along the top of a plank of wooden flooring and cutting the groove for a tongue to go in to.

Looking back at the picture; that'll only work on the non-wall side though; the router would foul the wall before cutting material on the wall side, without a ridiculously wide top on the 'T'

Sponsored Links
Looking back at the picture; that'll only work on the non-wall side though; the router would foul the wall before cutting material on the wall side, without a ridiculously wide top on the 'T'
Exactly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back