led lights sunk into steps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a load of led walkover lights sunk into my steps at home. most of these no longer work and i think the transformer has gone in each case.

however the transformers are buried within the steps themselves. in order to get at them i would need to get the light fittings out of the steps.

does anyone know of a tool i could buy or a special trick to prise these light fittings out of their holes as they are all jammed in really tight.

thanks

Sponsored Links
35090052.JPG

One transformer usually controls a number of lights, so my guess is that the lights themselves have packed up, in which case you need to replace the light itself, depending on the light, some have a bezel around them which can be removed using the appropriate tool, the innards of the light can then be replaced. The light housing is usually cemented or concreted in place.

FWIW burying the transformer in the steps was not a good idea.

Sponsored Links
any chance of a pic of the lights?. led lights usualy last for years

but that means they are no longer led lights, they are then............

Flood lights

ok i'll get my coat

as the doorstep is already dark coz the led lights have failed do i still have to get out ?????????????????????????????

coat in hand

as the doorstep is already dark coz the led lights have failed do i still have to get out ?????????????????????????????
You can stay! Anyone who has the patience to name a crowbar without too much sarcasm is good in my books.

No breezer with criminal puns that was aimed at :D

Are LCD's in steps a bit 1990's :?:

a crowbar is too thick to get in between the brick and the circle which encompasses the lights; anyone got any better ideas, ie a tool that is a lot thinner which could be slid into the gap?

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back