LED replacement for G4 bulbs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have some G4 halogen light bulbs in some kitchen under-cabinet light fittings. The bulbs are not dimmable.

The light fittings are powered via 240V to 12V transformers.

I am looking to replace the G4 halogen light bulbs (which are 30mm long) with LED alternatives but have found that the LED alternatives currently available are considerably larger in length (around 40mm) than the existing G4 halogen bulbs meaning the LED alternatives will not fit in the under-cabinet light fittings.

I would be very appreciative if anyone could advise whether the term 'G4' is an out of date term and whether I should be adjusting my search to use a different term which will result in LED bulbs which will perhaps fit in the under-cabinet light fittings

Many thanks

Paul

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
'G4 DISC' may get you more appropriate replacements. You will need to remove the existing reflector, and probably replace the power supply with one designed for 12V LEDs.
Probably easier to just buy new light fittings.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back