LED strip inside tiled pockets/recess

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand the correct way to go about installing an LED strip into a pocket or recess. Tiler, a pro, very clean work has no simple solution either. What would really help is an 8mm tile trim with a wide "span" (not sure of correct term). 2cm is not enough to play with (that's NOT what she said), another 1-2cm would be perfect as it would be just enough excess to tile over on the front side but leave the backing for gluing on an LED strip. Thus giving the perfect hidden look. Seems the wider span you go for, the large the trim gap (12 even 16mm). My tiles are regular mosaics. I can't use anything more than 8mm.

I know some people plaster in in-line diffusers but we've completed the pockets now, wiring is also in place. However, IMO diffusers don't give a particularly nice look for a shower room anyway. You want that reflected light look really???

Anyone? Thanks

1662638905130.png

1662638589237.png

Sponsored Links
Could you just use a slim length of ply (cement board, plasterboard etc.), wedged in the gap?
Then use your standard 8mm tile trim and tile over the top of it.
If the ply had been primed and glossed first, there should be no issues getting an LED strip to stick to it.
And a slight chamfer on the front could help disguise its depth.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back