Tile trim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just joined. This isn't exactly a disaster but as we've had a lot of work done at home over the last few weeks and had lots of issues, I thought I'd post about this aspect as after searching the internet I'm struggling to find what I'm after.

We had a complete bathroom re-fit as part of the work done, and in general most went ok. However, whilst 95% of the tiling we had done was perfect, we had a few small issues with one in particular. I provided some metal edge trim http://www.diy.com/departments/homelux-aluminium-tile-trim-pack-of-1/161770_BQ.prd for tiling around the external edge of the recessed window. I expected that the facing tiles would slot into this trim and therefore give a nice clean edge.

However the tiler put the tiles inside the window recess into the square edge and tiles up to the trim on the facing wall, therefore the cut edges of the tiles and grout are on show which doesn't look that neat.

So, I am looking for some aluminium tile trim that can be fitted around an external corner to cover this up. I sent for some from eBay but it is a little too shiny and also too wide and will therefore create a wide band almost like a picture frame, slightly exaggerated. So, any suggestions out there?

Sponsored Links
I'm going to be dealing with a similar issue soon......I'm going to try 20 x 20mm angle trim made by Schluter, and sold by protiler, I believe.
Its a £30 gamble but if its fitted well, it may do the trick.
John :)

Just had a look at their trim, looks like decent stuff. The problem I have is that the window recess is something like 100cm x 50cm so using the trim sizes that they are showing would be a bit too big. I could do with something with 10mm at the most. Thanks for the tip.

raygrahams.com offer 10mm x 10mm aluminium angle, 1mm thick.
That will take a good polish, using Solvol Autosol!
John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back