LED Strip lighing for Living Room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
LED Strip lighing for Living Room, Just want to know what I need.
I have been told I need a LED Driver and LED Strips but that's all. I want to keep the LED driver under the stairs

I need to know what cable I should put from the LED driver from the stairs to the LED strip in the living ceiling.

Should I get a 240v or 12V?

How should I power the LED Driver?

Sponsored Links
LED Strip lighing for Living Room, Just want to know what I need.
Trouble is, the person who knows what you need, in terms of lighting function, is you.

I have been told I need a LED Driver and LED Strips but that's all.
All you've been told is what you already knew - you want some LED strips.

Big question is what sort?

You need to do some research into the basic technology - do you want dimmable, colour changing? If not, how bright, and what colour temperature?

12V strips or 24V?

5050, 3528, 3020 or 3014 LEDs? (Could well be others)

Your starter for 10: http://www.flexfireleds.com/pages/Comparison-between-3528-LEDs-and-5050-LEDs.html

Basic driver? Remote control? Smartphone app?

I want to keep the LED driver under the stairs
So how will you switch it on and off?

I need to know what cable I should put from the LED driver from the stairs to the LED strip in the living ceiling.
That will depend entirely on the type of LED strip and driver you end up with. You need to decide what you want, and then install the cable which is recommended - distance and number of cores will be factors.

Should I get a 240v or 12V?
I'd say 230V - otherwise you'll need another box before the driver - one more thing to go wrong.

How should I power the LED Driver?
From the lighting circuit. For ease of installation go for a driver with a flex connection, not a wall-wart type.

Bas, no one can dispute when your good, your very good :LOL:

Regards,

DS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back