LEDs Tripping MCB

The OP has two being fired up simultaneously.
I know, but my comment applies to 'two (or probably more) being fired up simultaneously', since the duration of the 'inrush' will be so short. If one works with the 'rule of thumb' figures you quoted earlier, if I switch all my IT stuff on simultaneously (e.g. after a power cut), the inrush could easily amount to 200A or so, and I've yet to have that trip a B32 - again, I presume, because of the extremely short duration.
Maybe the OP's are egregiously poor.
As I wrote earlier, ('high end' apart) I would suspect that the more 'egregiously poor' they were, the more likely they would have been to skimp on the size (hence cost) of the capacitor, so I might expect inrush to tend to be lower, not higher. However, that's obviously just speculation, but I haven't yet thought of any cost cutting/poor design that would be likely to result in a higher inrush current.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back