Legend aura gas fire goes out after approx 30 seconds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Title says it all! Follow the instructions, pilot lights ok, fire lights ok but after about 30 seconds it goes out with a click.

Was working up until a week ago. Have gone through the instructions and the only thing that I read was that it has an oxygen depletion sensor that can shut down the fire in case of issues. Anyone got any other ideas?

Of course, I will call someone in but always like to have some idea before they turn up.

Graham

Sponsored Links
We can't and shouldn't give gas advice on an open forum. However, I would have the fire working within a few minutes, so don't worry about it being a massive bill, although the phrase is relative. Contact an RGI EXPERIENCED in gas fires. A proper sevice will get it working. Although I would have it working quickly, I would still have to carry out mandatory tests and checks, so don't expect it to be done for beer money

Thanks for the reply. Using the instructions I took all the coals off and cleaned the unit and all of the coals. The coals had been arranged wrongly by the guy that serviced it last year so I put them back in the right order and it lit first time. Even better it lit without the large and disturbing whoooomph and accompanying flame ball that it used to...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back