Let the pc camera move around automatically!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Camera.jpg

Hi,
Have found mouses in my kitchen, I want to scan all places that my hand cannot reach in the kitchen.
I have bought a small pc camera and a 5 meter USB extention, and tried to connect it to my computer. It is working fine.
Now, the problem is how to let the pc camera moving around automatically?
Any idea?
Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thank you!
I believe that is a cheap one: £20. One camera + 6 LED lights.
I want to block all holes and gaps to prevent them keep visiting my kitchen from the garden outside.

Sponsored Links
Don't know how much space you have . Either attach it to a long thin stick / rod or to a small radio controlled model car

Thank you!
Yes, "attach it to ...... a small radio controlled model car" is a good idea!
Do you know what is the max distance to control the car? I need to control the car in 4 to 5 meter away.

Last edited:
To footprints:
Thanks.
Yes, that is a good idea. The problem is I want to see the pictures in my computer screen, but my computer and the screen are not in my kitchen, and I got several difficults to move them into my kitchen.

Last edited:
Dimyself, good evening again.

This is the time of year when the mice who have been living happily externally eating from the fruits and seeds Etc plentiful and multiple food sources in the warmer conditions that now are beginning to prevail, so what do they do? look to us to support their lifestyle in a warmer environment, up here we have had below zero conditions albeit in the more rural exposed areas

For the next few weeks you may find that you have more tiny visitors, it happens at this time of year, just one of those attempts at survival.

We are lucky our old female dog will flag up to us the presence of Mice, She just wants to find them, BUT! when we very occasionally get those "larger" rodents, Rats, the dog will simply run a mile.

Our attraction is that in the back yard we have hens, there food is a huge attraction for rodents of both types.

My preferred method of removal is Humane traps for mice [Peanut Butter] is a really great bate in these traps!

As for the rats, I use poison, not pleasant but very effective, I have and compete with an Air Rifle, but because of the Law I cannot and am not permitted to shoot the rats, even on my own property as for Mice are way too fast to shoot anyway.

Ken.

Ken,

You got a lovely dog!
At the moment, I just want to find all holes and gaps in my kitchen and then block them. Just let the mouses play outside freely.

I have and compete with an Air Rifle, but because of the Law I cannot and am not permitted to shoot the rats, even on my own property
It's perfectly legal for you to shoot vermin on your own property.

Cheers
Richard

If you have a dog you want to be careful with the peanut butter, they have changed what goes into it and it is now toxic to dogs. may not hurt as much as a mouse trap will on the snout though. :)

Dimyself, the camera you have is not one that moves, it's a simple - cheap fixed position camera.

Try putting it in one position and monitoring, then move it to another position and monitoring.

Beware that the mice my well try and eat it, do not handle the camera unless you have washed your hands after setting any traps :)

Dimyself, good evening again.

One problem i had was that I had vermin in the kitchen, but the access was about 15 M distant, you will probably have to really closely inspect all possible access points, in my case it was the old original [1823] air vents in the Masonry external walls??

Having had this problem, on numerous occasions and as an aside my Dog appears to be telling me that we have some "small furry visitors" in the vicinity of our rear yard [again!]

Now please excuse me Dimyself if I indulge in a small hi jack of your post?

Mattylad, much appreciate the heads up on peanut butter, I have never heard of that particular poison and Dogs?

geraldthehamster, Hi

I am afraid that up here in the far frozen north where Air Gun legislation and Laws are getting seriously serious ?

1/. I am not allowed to "plink" [shoot at a target, even with a pellet catcher] in my own back yard or garden, unless I have the "permission" of the Chief Constable !
2/. I would commit a "Firearms offence" if I were to remove my Air Rifle from its cover because my rear yard / garden is within 25 yards of the center line of a public road, even if there is a wall or hedge between the road and my Air rifle.
3/. I am not permitted to shoot vermin, even on my own land, because, I am not a registered "Pest Controller"

To explain, there was some time ago an "Incident" where a very young child was killed by the discharge of an Air Rifle, this has occasioned a shall I call it "response" from the SNP Government up here to introduce Air Weapon legislation, whereby anyone who owns an Air WEAPON [Note the emphasis on WEAPON] rather than air rifle or air pistol to apply for a "license" to own and hold an air WEAPON.

Dimyself, once again sorry to hi jack the post, as previously mice are way. way too fast to shoot, best way of terminating Rats is to use a "Night Vision Scope" and a rifle with a so called "moderator" that reduces the noise from the Air [Weapon] is reduced dramatically, finally? you are not allowed by law to use a "Silencer" these things are prohibited.

Confused? welcome to my shooting world.

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back