Lets weaken the Elections Watchdog - what could possibly go wrong?

It is a terrible idea - Singapore is a one party state and 30% of their workforce is immigrant labour, so unless you want Victorian work houses - it can't work in the UK. On top they have a highly educated workforce - and you know what the regulars on here think about education. :mrgreen:

It's not all bad, Singapore has done very well for themselves. If only they weren't handed back to China

We're already halfway there, 14% of the UK population are immigrants...

Sponsored Links
Is that since the Chinese took over though?

It's not all bad, Singapore has done very well for themselves. If only they weren't handed back to China
I suspect sxturbo doesn't know the difference between Singapore and Hong Kong.
I suspect Malaysia and Thailand might have something to say about China "taking back" Singapore.
Such is sxturbo's geopolitical awareness. :rolleyes:

really?

it would more wealth for the wealthy, more power and money concentrated in the City, greater inequality.

It's a terrible idea to have a relatively well organised government increasing the GDP of the country and making huge investments in the economy to keep it constantly evolving.

Very low unemployment..

Nothing is perfect,

It's a terrible idea to have a relatively well organised government increasing the GDP of the country and making huge investments in the economy to keep it constantly evolving.
It would be a great idea. It's just such a shame that UK doesn't have such a government.

Sponsored Links
Is that since the Chinese took over though?
I don't know - my missus was there in the late 1970s and they turned her over back then

It is a terrible idea - Singapore is a one party state and 30% of their workforce is immigrant labour, so unless you want Victorian work houses - it can't work in the UK. On top they have a highly educated workforce - and you know what the regulars on here think about education. :mrgreen:
Sounds like Boris's "high wage economy". All he has to do is make inside the M25 ionto a city state, and he's home free. Can't see that working here...

Back