Letter boxes... are they getting smaller?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 14 years ago I had a freebie paper round. Didn't pay that well, £4-5 for a rather large round, including lots of leaflets.

Anyway, the papers would fit through all but the tiniest of letterboxes.

Now, every Thursday I come home to see a big wodge of paper sticking out of my door. And the same for every other door on the street. Are they making the papers bigger? At first I thought it was a lazy paper boy but there was no way I could get that paper through the door either.

A lot of people (one neighbour of mine especially) get worried about having things poking out of their letterbox, burglars know you are on holiday if it is there for days. But also seeing as the mail now comes in the afternoon, it is possible that the paper boy will get the paper in before postie comes so I won't get my letters! Bah! I really should get round to putting up a "no free papers please" sticker.

Sponsored Links
did they have a property section when you used to deliver them

as much crud advertising every thing arial sanatry towels

free holidays :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

big all

I Cant wait for the day my mail turns up in the MORNING

big-all said:
arial sanatry towels

Crikey, they really do think of everything these days don't they. Is there any restrictions, like loos when on a train, of when they musn't be used. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
big-all said:
its sort of a pee take like red bull theyve got wings :D :D :D

Ahhh it's clicked (finally), you mean the sort little nippers like to stick on windows cos they think they're planes? :LOL:

Back