LETTER TO DAVID CAMERON & ED MILLIBAND

Excellent ideas pred and, joking apart, I think at least some of them might actually work.

Sponsored Links
I have just been on my daughters face book and found this, i'm feeling pretty chuffed, like father, like daughter springs to mind....

Do you mean that she's inherited her father's skill at copy and paste? ;)

Sponsored Links
it's the 72 year olds who are responsible for the mess we are in. Paid £10 into the pot and want to take out £50. They elected goverments who borrowed to make up the difference and pass on the repayments to their grandchildren.
I think Chap's got a point.

I don't think the "baby boomers" deliberately set out to leave the younger generation in a financial mess, but they were certainly lucky enough to live through a period where healthcare was free, higher education was free (including grants for living expenses), jobs paid well enough that an average family could live on a single income, and they had the benefit of a period of high inflation eroding the value of their mortgages. Final salary pension schemes were also commonplace.

The future for a well educated person coming out of university today is £50000 of debt, and no job to go into (if they're really lucky they'll get an unpaid internship).
Property prices are completely out of reach of the incomes of people in their 20s, and it's almost impossible to get a mortgage without a huge deposit.

If you don't buy rents are spiralling too.

I'm not that old, and with a young family things are difficult enough for us, but given the choice between then and now, I know which I'd choose...

Of course, we have got the internet, Sky plus HD and I-Phones these days, so it's not all bad :p

it's the 72 year olds who are responsible for the mess we are in. Paid £10 into the pot and want to take out £50. They elected goverments who borrowed to make up the difference and pass on the repayments to their grandchildren.

I think Chap's got a point.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
No he hasn't!!
I don't think the "baby boomers" deliberately set out to leave the younger generation in a financial mess, but they were certainly lucky enough to live through a period where healthcare was free, higher education was free (including grants for living expenses), jobs paid well enough that an average family could live on a single income, and they had the benefit of a period of high inflation eroding the value of their mortgages. Final salary pension schemes were also commonplace.
The baby boomers didn't make the laws or taxes, that was the Lib Lab Con that buried the heads in the sand, everyone was well aware that we were heading for a shortfall in the pensions and all of them did naff all. Perhaps if we had not stopped breeding, we would not have to import the labour from elsewhere!
The future for a well educated person coming out of university today is £50000 of debt, and no job to go into (if they're really lucky they'll get an unpaid internship).
Property prices are completely out of reach of the incomes of people in their 20s, and it's almost impossible to get a mortgage without a huge deposit.

If you don't buy rents are spiralling too.

I'm not that old, and with a young family things are difficult enough for us, but given the choice between then and now, I know which I'd choose...

Of course, we have got the internet, Sky plus HD and I-Phones these days, so it's not all bad :p

Lucky you! All we had was the mods to have battles with... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I suppose it's easy to look back at BBs as jammy beggars who got it all. People often resent people for whom things seem to land in their laps. Compared to today's younger generation, the BBs really did have it all.

However, is it fair to criticise them. After all, they were born into a ruined country with rationing, bombed out houses, and most really didn't really have much at all. As time went on, the threat of nuclear armageddon took over from the chaos and desolation that Adolf bequeathed the BBS.

In fairness, looking at it in proper context, can you really blame the BBs when they grabbed the 'you've never had it so good' era with both hands. Any younger people who say they wouldn't is either a liar or not very bright.

You could also say that the BBs helped to get this country back on it's feet. It was them that were toiling in the factories, etc to make and sell the goods that the world was desperate for.

The BBs did well out of the era they were born into from very low and uncertain beginnings. Maybe they did take the rewards on offer. Then again, perhaps they naively thought that the good times were permanent. Unfortunately, as we now know with hindsight, they weren't.

I suppose it's easy to look back at BBs as jammy beggars who got it all. People often resent people for whom things seem to land in their laps. Compared to today's younger generation, the BBs really did have it all.

Uh uh.

However, is it fair to criticise them.

House prices/rents are the biggest living costs that young people have to pay, why is property so expensive?

1. Nimbyism, largely driven by those baby boomers living in nice houses, not wanting "their" fields built upon.
2. Landbanks, large plots sold of to large developers, rather than what other countries do, make large developments and sell individual plots, guess which generation had a large hand in this system.
3. Buy to rent property speculation, now this is anecdotal and I can't be arsed to source this, but out of all the people I have met that do this, again guess what generation they are.

pred said:
The baby boomers didn't make the laws or taxes, that was the Lib Lab Con

And which generation voted them in like good little tribes, supporting their teams.

Our generation still has some of that ****ty attitude left, but you can look at the vote split and see a little less tribalism voting.

--------------

I don't hate the older generation, and I don't care that they paid in less than their "pot", we should support the older generation.

But I ****ing hate some of the **** they have left our generation in.

I have just been on my daughters face book and found this, i'm feeling pretty chuffed, like father, like daughter springs to mind....

Letter to Mr. Cameron - Genius!!

Dear Mr. Cameron,

Please find below our suggestion for fixing the UK 's economy.

Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.
You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:
There are about 10 million people over 50 in the work force.
Pay them £1 million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire.
Ten million job openings - unemployment fixed

2) They MUST buy a new British car.
Ten million cars ordered - Car Industry fixed

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage -
Housing Crisis fixed

4) They MUST send their kids to school/college/university -
Crime rate fixed

5) They MUST buy £100 WORTH of alcohol/tobacco a week .....
And there's your money back in duty/tax etc

It can't get any easier than that!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances

If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know.
Also.....

Let's put the pensioners in jail and the criminals in a nursing home.

This way the pensioners would have access to showers, hobbies and walks.

They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc and they'd receive money instead of paying it out.

They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance.

Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.

A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell.

They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.

They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counselling, pool and education.

Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid would be free, on request.

Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with gardens.

Each senior could have a PC a TV radio and daily phone calls.

There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.

The criminals would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised. Lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week. Live in a tiny room and pay £600.00 per week and have no hope of ever getting out.

Think about this (more points of contention):

COWS
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Appleby almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the county of Cumbria?

And, they even tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 125,000 illegal immigrants wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also;
Think about this ... If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone -- YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM! It is time for us grumpy old folk of Britain to speak up!

thats very good, but it would cost £10 trillion. countrys just over 1 trillion in debt.

and the economy,and globall economy has been deliberatly manipulated, for a future event,that is to come in to being in the years to come.

if you want people and countrys to submit, to something, attack them financialy. then you rule them by fear, the EU , cameron wont want to leave the EU, becuase he fears losing trade, and favour.

thats very good, but it would cost £10 trillion. countrys just over 1 trillion in debt.

Which demonstrates two rather major problems

1) People think money just grows on trees
2) The yoof of today cannot do simple arithmetic

[quote="![/ the EU , cameron wont want to leave the EU, becuase he fears losing trade, and favour.[/quote]

Camoron is not going to have a say weather we are in or out of Europe soon, he will be replaced by Boris, and hopefully we will not have a referendum on Europe, UKIP will get in power and we will be out!!

4) the solution to the world's problems can be found on facebook.

What next? The simel kure for cancer ........ simply tell all the bankers and politicians to stop spending money on parties and cars and instead spend it on a machine that cures cancer. Solved.

Why dont you post that on facebook you mugs.

Sponsored Links
Back