Level Flooring Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New to the forum, so hopefully somebody will be able to help me....

I'm in the midst of building an extension & the builders have kind of let me down. As a consequence, I'm doing most of teh work myself now...

The walls are up and the roof is on & I hired a company to plaster teh walls and screed the floors.

plastering is great, but the screeding is woeful.

They painted the block & beam floor with a bitumen type compound and then I put the celotex down and fitting my wet under floor heating pipes. I put them under pressure and then the 'pros' screeded with sharp sand and cement. Problem is, the 'finished' screed is far from level & has undulations in it that I'm not sure I can disguse/cover when I tile.

I've been told to try using a levelling compound to bring this up to level and also to tie into the existing floor which is ~2mm above the screed edge.

Can anybody advise what to use, how to use and where to get the materials that are going to leave me with a level finish to tile on?

Thanks a million.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back