Level Threshold For Inside/Outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Deal All,

We have recently had an extension with triple patio aluminium framed sliding doors c.5 metres wide. We are keen to create a level through walk from extension to a new patio which having run out of money my wife is allowing me to tackle!

The extension comprises a solid floor with wet underfloor heating. The walls to the underside of the sliding doors are of red engineering bricks. The sliding doors are sitting on a strip of DPC.

With building the patio I don’t want to fall foul of building regs, damage the extension or make a sale of the house difficult at a later date.

Thoughts for two options as follows:

Create a box of blockwork (2 x blocks high laid on sides with weep holes) approximately 0.5m from the property. Infill with type 1 Mot and then lay the limestone paving on a semi dry mix of cement and sharp sand with circa 6mm joints. Use the sweep-in polymer? grout system. Construct a deck to bridge between the blockwork box and the house.

Create a box of blockwork (2 x blocks high laid on sides with weep holes, except facing house) running adjacent to the rear wall separated via a DPC and arco style drain. Infill with type 1 Mot and then lay the limestone paving on a semi dry mix of cement and sharp sand with circa 6mm joints. Use the sweep-in polymer? grout system.

Any thoughts, guidance links to relevant how to guides would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Sponsored Links
The Paving Expert website was a bible to me when I did a similar patio-raising project. I build a low blockwork wall 6" from the house and had the patio gradient fall away from the house.
full

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back