leveling garden, side fences will have gap, what can I do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I'm slowly digging up the soil in the garden to redo the original small patio, I'm leveling it from the garden door outwards as i dont want it any higher but must slope slightly for rain water.

The problem is, I think the side fences (neighbours fence left and right) will leave a gap at the bottom. I can raise the floor as it will slope towards the house.

What can I do to cover this? initially i wanted the paving slabs to end by a line of bricks followed by some stones such a pea shilings or the large limestone rocks but this will still see the gap as it was going to be one level.

So do i have to get those concrete wall things for drive ways or domed picket fences? http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/fenci...ing/Domed-Picket-Fence-1M-11027515?icamp=recs

What should i use to stop the stone/pea shilings from spill over to the neighbours?

thanks!

Sponsored Links
small amount use gravel boards
large amounts heavy timbers to retaining walls

perfect! I think these will be excellent as not all fences are the same height.

now how do i secure it to the ground?

thanks the help so far!

gravel boards normally fit in the slot in the concrete post and angle cut to fit the ground or trenched into the ground

Sponsored Links
Of course if you have old smooth concrete posts or timber posts the boards can be secured to short posts driven into the ground, decking boards are an alternative, slightly stronger and slighter better to look at.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back