Levelling and squaring a wall, whats possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just after some advice, I am about to do our kitchen but the back wall is a stud wall that was put up to create the current small internal kitchen layout. As it will be the return for an L shaped unit layout life would be a lot easier if it was square and flat. However it is not. It seems to be a few degrees off square to the brick wall it connects to, but also dips by what I'd estimate is up to around 20mm at one point. As it is only 1820mm wide in total this is quite noticeable and would not only be a bit of a pain but would be unsightly when finished. Is this the sort of thing a plasterer could rectify to get the wall at least flat even if it will be out of square a little? Does anyone have an alternative suggestion?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
John, I was wondering about this, my worry is that I might end up damaging the face of the wall on the opposite side (which is part of the bedroom). Maybe it would be worth getting a builder/plasterer to do this.
Steve, thanks, I'll look into that. I should have said before that as the room is only just long enough for the units to fit in, this wall can't come out any further. Maybe its best to just get a plasterer out to look at it.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't damage the other face of the stud wall, you'd have to be quite wreckless to do so imo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back