levelling/screeding kitchen/dining room floor ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just opened up my seperate kitchen and dining rooms knocking the partition wall down along with a breezeblock wall that was under the stairs etc my plan is to prob tile the whole kitchen diner floor with large ceramic floor tiles or poss have a hardwood floor fitted..i have had the lounge gas fire pipe run under the floor in a chase prob 40mm +deep as it was run surface along walls etc so this needs filling in ? just need to know correct/best way of doing this or will a standard sand & cement mix suffice..also need to fill in a square section that has been cut out of 20mm deep approx i have applied a coat of bitumen paint to restore some dpm ...is this correct as i was advised to do this ? also need to fill in around the new french doors..same again sand/cement mix ? & finally the floor is quite flat in the old dining room area but does seem to run out of level 5mm + in the corner of the kitchen where ive ripped up the old floor tiles..would you suggest part self levelling this area self levell/screed the kitchen/diner as a whole..as really need to get the floor done b4 i move my gear in which will be very soon as i have no choice but to move house cheers again advice welcome mattsupra & co :) (see photos)

Sponsored Links
mattysupra can you also tell me where you purchase all your materials that you use for floorlevelling etc cheers :)

Shrink your post, it will be more readable for replies.

:eek: lol tim i didnt expect it to turn out like that once id written it and uploaded pics for the 1st time :LOL: i wondered why it had appeared this way..i will try shrink it somehow cheers

Sponsored Links
i urgently need to fill in the 40mm+ chase ive cut out in the floor for the concealed pipe...should i use some liquid dpm at the bottom ? or just try use the bitumen paint that i have used for the 20mm deep square section that has been cut out..urgent advice plz cheers again

:eek: lol tim i didnt expect it to turn out like that once id written it and uploaded pics for the 1st time :LOL:
i wondered why it had appeared this way..i will try shrink it somehow cheers

Just place the images one below the other, i.e. press return between each image.
They'll then appear in a vertical line rather than, as now, in a horizontal line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back