Leylandii hedge and Foundation

True, although at 50cm away from the tree you still won’t be outside of its influence zone if the soil is cohesive.

It was more of a general comment about people assuming that just removing a tree is a fix-all solution for building near trees, which seems to be a fairly common misconception (I’ve no doubt that Jeds knows his stuff and this commented wasn’t directed at him)
At 50cm away and 2.7m tall the zone of influence in low shrink soils won’t reach 2.5m so trench fill is ok if removed.

However, there may still be stability issues and a good chance the tree will not survive having half its roots cut off.

True re. the misconception. I’m regularly having to explain to clients that they will still need deep foundations even if a tree is removed. Clay can take ten years or more to fully rehydrate following tree removal.

Sponsored Links
True re. the misconception. I’m regularly having to explain to clients that they will still need deep foundations even if a tree is removed. Clay can take ten years or more to fully rehydrate following tree removal

although building control won’t know……

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back