LG telly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
i have a LG telly (lg 42lk450u) it will play some files via usb (avi files) but not all, why?

thanks

Sponsored Links
because its a TV not a computer.
tv's do lots of things these days.
I remember what a phone was for. ;)
I play avi's via the Sony recorder, never had any problem so long as it was a .avi
Assume you can watch it on the pc?

tv's do lots of things these days
They do, but it doesn't change the fact that they have a very limited operating system that is confined to certain activities only...unlike a computer where it receives updates and advises the operator when new software is required to deal with a new variant of file format. So often I have seen people assume that they can throw anything at a tv and it will cope.

Sponsored Links
i think you mis-understood me, it will play some avi files and wont play others

Hi,
i have a LG telly (lg 42lk450u) it will play some files via usb (avi files) but not all, why?
Because AVI is a method of encapsulating various file types. AVI itself has at least 3 different structures and can contain several different types of audio. The chances of incompatibility are quite high if your TV doesn't have ALL the required "plugins".

More here in the PDF download: http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/documentation/avi.pdf

Hi,
Because AVI is a method of encapsulating various file types. AVI itself has at least 3 different structures and can contain several different types of audio. The chances of incompatibility are quite high if your TV doesn't have ALL the required "plugins".

More here in the PDF download: http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/documentation/avi.pdf[/QUOTE]
Well that makes good bed time reading :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back