Background noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Evereybody

Just installed a new 42" LG telly,with terestial and Sky channels,background noise comes on when Sky channels are on.
Is there any way to prevent this. Thanks in anticipation :(

Can anybody help please :cry:
Is there anybody out there that can help?

Guess all Audio men are as thick as Plumbers then. :p

Sponsored Links
Something does not ring true! I was unaware that LG was one of the Sky manufactures and I was under the impression Sky only provides a box not TV's? I know there are TV's able to receive satellite but very few and they can't de-code Sky signals.

Assuming there is a box for Sky then there are many ways to connect that to the TV and without details on exactly what the set-up is then impossible to answer.

My Sky does play up from time to time. Normally just a bad connection on SCART plug and un-plugging and then re-inserting is enough to clean contacts and all is well again.

Using Sky, Free-to-view, Hard Drive, DVD recorder and player means there is high chance of co-channel interference. And most people do have many inputs to TV so step one is use just the one input to ensure it's not from anything else. And also many sets have both input and output from one SCART plug on TV so try other SCART socket or use aerial connection and find it it's just one input or all.

But if your not going to tell people what your set-up is how do you really expect an answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back