simplink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi silly question,, I have a lg 325000 with hdmi socket and a lg dvd recorder with hdmi socket. both are simplink.
question: do I connect the scart cable (supplied) and the hdmi cable. ? I just have the hdmi cable connected. set all works ok ish but not all controls work on dvd remote . And it takes several presses of simplink buttons to get onto hdmi setting It's complicated lol.

Suppose I'm comparing it with old panasonic q link, where I could turn on telly by just pressing play on dvd remote almost instantly..

Sponsored Links
No need for scart - wont do anything.
I too have LG tv and dvd and found using simplink so crap I just don't even bother - so much easier with both remotes.

Hmm interesting that. Thanks for reply.. I fiddled this after and come to conclusion the dvd hdd has to be on all the while if you want to catch something quick/pause live tv etc. It takes ages to swop from tv to dvd thro hdmi cable. Then sometimes switching dvd off turns tv off too , connectivity where it's not wanted :confused: Not what it says on the box :evil:

I'm goin to pester lg helpdesk now :LOL: :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back