LG Washer Dryer - Water Inlet to Condenser Hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Long time no post! I recently replaced the (3-way) water inlet on my LG Washer/Dryer (WD14030RD) as one of the solenoids had failed. All OK.

I noticed at the time the dryer cover was corroded so I obtained a replacement and fitted this. All OK. Upon replacement I though I would run a quick dryer test. The hose from the water inlet to the condenser "bulged" and dripped (nothing more) at the connection with the water inter valve.

I noticed the pipe from the inlet to the condenser was made up of three parts. I removed and dismantled. The three parts were connected by what appears to be a one way valve (so two in total). They are simple "connectors" with a smaller rubber insert with a split and then an internal PVC pipe section to hold the rubber in place/open at one end. Simple diagram below:

Water Inlet Value -> Pipe -> One way valve Value -> Pipe -> One way valve -> Pipe

Firstly I assume both one way values should allow water to the condenser (kind of logical?).

The pipes aren't blocked, nor does it appear is the condenser part of the machine. When I blow through the pipe it is hard, so I can assume it is the valves??

I assume the pipe is "common" and so are the one way valves (if that is what they are called). So could I source generic parts and replace? Are two needed (redundancy)?

It is I guess possible that the water inlet is different but got a genuine LG part for the machine so cannot see why this would be an issue. It seems the one way valves reduce the flow - but too much causing the "bulge" before the first one.

Or have I missed something all together?

I now live in Australia but there is noting quite like DIYNOT!

Thanks in advance,

R.

Sponsored Links
...quick update.

I thought I would look at the water inlet I removed. It appeared to have some form of pressure regulator in the hose connector. I cut this off and drifted it out and drifted it in to the new one and surprise surprise it worked!

Would appreciate (for my own sanity) that both of the values should allow water only from the inlet to the condenser (I cannot see why not) - but am not sure why two are needed.

Thanks,

R

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back