LG water inlet valve question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having problems with the dryer on my LG F1403RD once again. I have replaced the temp sensor/ element and the dryer sensor but the dryer still only works intermittently. It will work one day then fail but of late it's not working at all.I have also fully cleaned out the plastic vent duct at the rear and the fan and both work fine. I have metered all the heater components and the inlet value and they all read fine as well.

The only thing left is the 3 way water inlet value and the inlet pipe that goes from the duct to the 3 way inlet value. I checked and got the way the went back in mixed up and there's 2 in there. I'm guessing it lets water in from one of the 3 way connections on the water inlet valve so the condensing can occur when drying but not to let water or steam back up as it has like a rubber reed inside.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
Here is a picture of the hose from the water inlet value to the dryer duct at the back of the washer. If you blow down into the value it lets air in but stuck nothing so I'm taking that meaning in lets in not out.

As it is I've got it , the top of the picture going to the dryer duct and the bottom to the water inlet value

2weat5u.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back