Miele WT945

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Miele WT945 washer dryer, which has stopped working.When you put a wash cycle on, the water inlet/drain light flashes red. On a drain only cycle/setting it works fine, so drains water ok. Also if I put on a spin only cycle, it works fine.
It seems that it is not taking in water enough/properly. When I try to put on a wash cycle, there is only a small trickle of water pumped/sprayed into the detergent draw???
Does anyone know what got be causing this, would I correct in assuming that it might be triple water inlet valve? Is there anything obvious/simple that I have overlooked/should check before order a new triple water inlet valve?
Thanks in advance guys :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks, I will try that when I get home after work, if it starts normally what does that mean? What do i need to try need?
Thanks again

If it works then it suggests the issue is with the inlet valve for the main wash.

Richard

Sponsored Links
It seems to be working again, only did a empty quick wash. Will give it a try again tonight.
Thanks again Richard

I spoke too early, it only seems to work if I have presoak on but stops after the presoak section and gives the water inlet flashing error again
Is the Inlet valve for the mainwash part of the triple water inlet valve?

Last edited:
Yes, it is one of the 3. You could always pop put the solenoid and swap it over. Pre-wash and the Main wash. See if that does the trick.
If not, its an issue inside the valve.

Thank you.. do you know which is the presoak and which is the main wash solenoid? I swapped the two orange ones (the two that are next to each other) it made no difference

Last edited:
New miele triple water inlet value is £120.. got to decide whether to fix this old machine or bite the bullet and get a new washing machine.. Which would you go with?

I would do it myself. I would unplug it remove the lid. Pop the top off the 3 way valve. Swap the solenoids. I will see if I can upload some photo after work

I did swap the two solenoids on the existing valve.. the two Orange coloured ones. you can see the top one in the pic. you can see the top one in the pic with sticker on it with the one below it.

Attachments

• 20180626_210329.jpg
    20180626_210329.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 843
Try this. Its late here in NZ.
Will dig out the valve from the garage tomorrow

Great thanks for the video and your help. No need to dig out your valve. I will try fixing the value myself following the video guide.
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back