Miele WT945

Sponsored Links
if I remember correctly the whole front opens up like/similar to like in the video.. you need to take the top cover/lid off first, then there a few additional screws you have to take off, then the front swings open. Let me know if you can't work it out and I can look at my machine tomorrow and take a few pics of where the screws are.

Last edited:
Thanks. It’s not like in the video. The one in the video has screws behind the acrylic fascia, the WT 945 does not. I assumed it would be similar but I can’t see any screw that’s securing it that could be undone and then put back. There ARE screws at the bottom of that control panel which go from the bottom of it into the ledge where the bottom meets the part above the door, but it can’t be those. They’d be impossible to put back once removed without the control panel being out of the way. There must be other screws or clips somewhere. Thanks, I’d appreciate your help.

I’ll check behind the fascia again, just in case there’s some screw covers which hid them and I missed them the first time around.

Sponsored Links
Once you can the top lid off and the drawer for the detergent, on my machine I had to take remove 4 screws - 3 of those are behind the drawer and one on top of the machine (see pics). Also at the bottom of the machine, unhook the drain-pipe and unscrew the fluff filter. Undone the 3 bolts around the door, the whole front of the machine should now swing open, you also need to undone the cables that go into the control panel to get it to fully swing open. I have not removed the side panels on my machine, so not quite sure what the best way to get those panels off. Hope that is helpful.

PXL_20231218_1520371790.jpg

PXL_20231218_1520290290.jpg

Here is a better and more complete video, it is not in English but is easy to follow for anyone else that might be interested.

Hi WIJCC, All,

Thanks for your help.

That last video, the German one, was perfect. The front swings open, just like you said and is shown in the video.

I managed to get the new shock absorbers/dampers fitted in the same way as is shown in the video.

Thank you very much!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back