Miele WT945

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Miele WT945 washer dryer, I have two issues with the machine, first is that the shock absorbers need replacing.. which does not look too hard but will take some time and effort to replace. I can get some replacement ones off ebay for £20-30 i doubt they will be genuine miele ones but are meant to be compatible and I have looked at how I can replace them myself.
I have another issue with it which I require assistance with, when washing around the rinse part of the cycle the "water inlet/drain light" flashes red. The wash completes without any issues, there is no water left in the machine and it drains fine. There is a bit of a bad smell/drain smell that comes out of machine during part of the cycle when draining I think. I have undone the pump/filter at the bottom front of the machine, unscrewed it and it is not blocked. What else should I/do I need to look at?
Also is it worth fixing this machine now or is it time to replace with a newer machine - I would replace it with just a standard washer only around £400 mark, i only do about one load of washing a week and never use the dryer function?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Standard washer is fine if you truly dont use the drying function, but a dryer can be invaluable at cerain times, unless of course you have room for both

Blup

Can anyone shed any light/tips on what I need to look at or change to fix the water inlet/drain light flashing red during the rinse section of the main wash? The machine completes the wash fine otherwise without any other issues?
I have a very small kitchen with only space for one machine unfortunately. Ideally if cost effective I would like to fix and keep the current machine

Why are you concerned about it if the machine "completes the wash fine"

Sponsored Links
I would like to fix whatever problems it has, i am guessing the light flashes red due to it having some kind of issue

Read the manual: page 46

The Water inlet/drain indicator lamp flashes during a programme, but the wash programme has run normally
1) There is a blockage in the water inlet. : Check whether: – the stopcock is opened wide enough. – the inlet hose is kinked.

2) The water pressure is too low. – In this case, call the Miele Service Dept. (or a plumber?)

3) The filter in the water inlet hose is dirty. – Clean the filter as described in "Cleaning and care".

Note water inlet not the outlet (drain) hose.

Do a very hot / boil wash with powder w/m cleaner or powder detergent chucked in the drum to clean out the drum and drain regularly. May help with smells, but do also check the drain hose isn't kinked and goes up high above the drain / has a good trap seal.
Probably at the same time as you do the shockers.

Thank you, I did already check the water inlet/coming in pipe and checked the little filter in it. Also did an empty was at the hottest cycle with a washing machine cleaner (dr beckham one)

There are two filter-strainers on my Miele washer. One at the isolator connector and the other on the machine itself where the inlet pipe connects.

May be worth measuring the water pressure and flow rate at/from the w/m isolator tap and/or the mains incoming stopcock?
I guess the m/c is saying that water inflow is lower than desired when doing rinse-spins; but less of an issue when filling via the dispensing drawer... why though? What is different (a. water diverted into a different compartment of dispenser drawer --- so maybe some pipework/valves internal are gunged up (calcified)?

Another for a look-see when you have it out? Maybe, though, it's a repeat of your last problem with the same machine? https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/miele-wt945.504863/ 5 years ago.

Thanks.. I only checked the filter at end which starts at the water incoming tap. Will check the other end and also try doing some more hot empty easy cycles

Does anyone how to easy or have instructions on how to remove the side panels of the WT945? I know how to take the top off and also have to open the front of the machine. Ideally I'd like to take the side panels off to change the shock absorbers instead of doing it by putting the machine of one of its side and then removing the bottom of the machine, then accessing from that way. I'd have better access and room if taking the side panels was quite easy.

I have a Miele WT945 washer dryer, I have two issues with the machine, first is that the shock absorbers need replacing.. which does not look too hard but will take some time and effort to replace. I can get some replacement ones off ebay for £20-30 i doubt they will be genuine miele ones but are meant to be compatible and I have looked at how I can replace them myself.
I have another issue with it which I require assistance with, when washing around the rinse part of the cycle the "water inlet/drain light" flashes red. The wash completes without any issues, there is no water left in the machine and it drains fine. There is a bit of a bad smell/drain smell that comes out of machine during part of the cycle when draining I think. I have undone the pump/filter at the bottom front of the machine, unscrewed it and it is not blocked. What else should I/do I need to look at?
Also is it worth fixing this machine now or is it time to replace with a newer machine - I would replace it with just a standard washer only around £400 mark, i only do about one load of washing a week and never use the dryer function?
Thanks in adva
Thanks in advance
Hi.

I am having the same problem and would also like to replace the shock absorbers in my WT 945. Do you have a link or reference to the dismantling instructions for this specific machine, please?
Thanks.

Hi, wijcc. Many thanks for the link. I tried this but the front panel isn't attached the same way. There are no screws behind the acrylic fascia and it's not obvious how to get this off. There does seem to be a clip inside, just behind this on the far right, but it still doesn't come away even when released (and with the screws by the soap drawer removed). I can see that the front will still need to come off because there's a screw through the front, holding the side panel in place.

I'll find a specific WT 945 assembly/disassembly instruction guide and get back to you if and once I have managed to get this front panel off.

Thanks,

Toe Rail is clipped on but to remove it slides upwards. Changing Shock Absorbers is easy once the side panels are off. Need a couple of ring spanners (13mm I seem to remember) Also check the drum support springs and tension at the same time.

How old is the machine - it could be that the fill hose is degrading and the crumb is blocking the inner filter at the end of the hose. Also check the hose isn't kinked.

Hi DriverFred,
Thanks a lot for replying. It’s the control panel, where the program dials are, which I can’t get off. The toe rail, or kick plate, I think I can do. With the control panel, I’ve removed the drawer and undone the screws inside that area. There’s no screws behind the acrylic fascia, the part where the wash cycle markers are, which I can lift out. So, I’m not sure how to get this off in order to access the screws which hold the whole front panel on (which itself needs to come off to undo the screws that hold the side panel on from the front). Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back